...

...
..

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Dear Future Me..




 Well, this essay was supposed to be an entry to an online contest, but sadly i wasn't able to finish it on time, so i did not passed it at all. 

 The first time I read about the topic on the said contest, i am really not convinced if i must join or not, because hello, how will i write to my future self? what will i say? how will i answer in return? But then again i still tried to construct an essay which i would really love to submit, but i guess that just how life goes, you must keep up :)

 So here is my unfinished piece.


Live the Unlived Live

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life” an author named Natalie Babbitt once said in her book. Life is a series of chances and a rollercoaster of happiness and regrets. It is a multiple choice type of examination, in which we are given innumerable choices. Life was never an easy ride to take, there were endless battles to be won, temptations to be avoided and a lot of surprises to look forward to. We can never predict what will happen now, tomorrow or even what lies ahead of us, but we can always live what is in front of us now. If we are given the chance to watch our life fifty years from now, are we going to cry because of happiness, are we going to celebrate our success, can we proudly say “I have no regrets”, or we are just going to cry over the chances we have missed, the challenges we have failed and those times where we gave up. When we are old enough to even work, and all we could do is to sit back and reminisce, can we proudly say that we have lived life to its fullest and enjoyed everything that life has laid at our feet or we will realized that we have never lived at all. 



To my 100 year old self, “Are you still alive and enjoying the life you’ve worked hard for?” is the first question I would like to ask today on your 100th birthday. Many years have pass, I know you are now well acquainted on how life works. Have you successfully finished your chosen career? Did you already use those notebooks you’ve been keeping for years? Can you say that you are finally not afraid to take risk on anything? Did you become an optimist while dealing with life’s circumstances? I would also love to hear if you end up with someone whom you’ve been praying for ever since. I have a lot of questions I would like you to answer, but this letter won’t be enough, so I hope you could at least answer a few on your reply. I know life was never easy for you but I hope you never gave up on chasing your dreams and you could finally answer if you really have live the life you wanted to. I want you to tell me and the world that you have live life with no regrets to haunt you down. Lastly, can you proudly say that you have really live?
Today, I am celebrating my 100 years of existence in this wonderfully created world. Life did not become a piece of cake for me, but I am indeed grateful to be blessed with another year. I am overflowing with joy and as a promise to myself; I would answer the letter above, written 80 years ago by me. 


That's what I have finished.

I really can't finished it, i don't know why, but maybe because i don't know if i am still alive then, but i would really be blessed if i am, but aside from that, it is maybe because the future i am picturing in my head is not yet clear to be revealed, to be detailed and to be written.

But if i were to answer i would love to say, that yes I am successful, yes I am living the life i have wanted, I want to answer that I have accomplished my goals, that I do not have regrets, that I indeed live.

Thinking about it, "without regrets" is really impossible i think, because whatever situation we may be in, i know that each one of us will always have that one thing that we are afraid to do, we are afraid to say, and that's where our regrets come from, maybe others will say, "Oh, I am a risk taker", but hey, i'll say, you may be a risk taker but i know you still got that one thing you are afraid to do or say.





An important lesson I learned in this contest is that :

"Life won't wait, Life will go on and on, so we must make the most out of it and Live it"







-- till next time.
Bless YOUUUUUU <3
 






No comments:

Post a Comment